Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Official!

So I guess it's official-we really are having a girl. I went for my 23 week appointment today and i asked the doctor what he thought about the 80% girl and he said that the doctor from the group that did the ultrasound reviewed it and signed off on it that it was a girl. He said if there had been any question they would have left it undetermined! So it looks like we'll be bringing the first "Carey" girl into the family in some 34 years. Before John and I were even married i was talking to a good friend about what our kids would look like and I said if i had it my way the boy would have my complection, blonde hair, and blue eyes and if we had a girl she would be dark complected like John with brown eyes! So we'll see if my prediction is right. Something tells me though that i'll be wrong, because i thought there would be no way our kids would have blue eyes and blonde hair! I can't remember if i said what her name was going to be in the last blog, but its going to be Shelby Dianne Carey. John and I both just liked Shelby then the Dianne is after John's mom who passed away from cancer when John was just 8 years old-she was 36! This was very easy for us since we already had the name picked out the first time around! Now just 16 more weeks and we'll see what she looks like! :)

9 comments:

Jessica! said...

I'm so excited! I love the name, Shelby's really cute. I bet Mitchy is excited!!!!

Love you cuz, see you soooooooon!

Jess

Missy said...

Yea!!! Shelby Diane sounds so cute!!!

Sarah said...

Awesome! The name is too cute. How about some belly pictures? :)

Shelly said...

Congratulations! I like the name. Is Mitchell okay you are not naming the baby Naveya?

andrea said...

Yeah for you! I love the name...it makes me think of Steele Magnolia's

Stacey said...

I guess you have a name already! Mine is coming any day and no name! You go girl!!

Craftysis7 said...

I am so excited that you are also having a sweet little girl!!! 2 more days for us!!!! Love ya

Amy said...

I really thought you would go for the name Amy... after me of course... but that's ok. =) Shelby is a great second choice! I can't wait to meet her!

chesley said...

cute name! excited for you guys!