Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

37 weeks

I went this morning for my 37 week check-up. He put me on the machine that monitors my contractions and Shelby's heartrate for 20 minutes. They are mainly checking to see if the baby is under any stress. I was definetly having contractions pretty regularly, but not the kind that go to the top of the chart when you are in labor. Her heartbeat and breathing looked good, except for one dip, so he decided to check my fluids just to make sure everything looked ok. He did and said everything looked just fine. He showed me that the umbilical cord is right in front of her hands, so sometimes they get bored and play with it, which in turn causes their heartrate to drop. I told him that she probably thinks its a softball bat! :) I go back in a week! Not too much longer to go!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Haha - I love the softball bat comment. Come oooooon Shelby! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad she's doing good! She's almost here... Hang in there! :)