Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Meet Shelby Dianne Carey

Shelby Dianne Carey arrived at 8:24 AM on September 9th, 2009 (9-09-09) We were shooting for 9:09 AM but she didn't want to wait that long and i was completely fine by that! She weighed 7 lbs. 0.8 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long and that was 2 weeks and a day early!
Birth story: Yesterday as i was laying with Mitchell i noticed that i was leaking fluid quite a bit (well at the time i was assuming it was fluid because i knew i wasn't peeing on myself) :) So Mitchell decided that he wanted to go swimming, so we took off to grandma's for a little swimming. We probably swam for a little over an hour, then got out and played a bit. Well i was really "leaking" at that point-not having any contractions though. So mom said that i should call my doctor and see what he said. So he decided to have me come in and get checked! We arrived at the hospital at 7PM and the nurse did a test and it was definitely fluid leaking but said that it was probably a high leak, so they had me walk around for an hour, then they would re-examine me. I was dilated to a two, still leaking, but no contractions. So they finally started me on pitocin around 11:30PM. By 3:30 AM all of my water was pretty much gone and the contractions were getting pretty mean! So i got my first epidural at 4AM-it only took on one side, same as last time, but luckily the anesthesiologist didn't give up and he tried again. The second time was the charm. In between my two epidurals the nurses checked me and felt something out of place, so they did an ultrasound and saw that Shelby had her arm up over her head-she definitely wouldn't be coming out like this, so they tried maneuvering her arm around, but she wouldn't budge. At this point the nurses called my doctor and he said to stop the pitocin. In the meantime my mom was pacing and posting on facebook. Many prayers were said on behalf of me and Shelby, so when my doctor finally got there to check things out her hand was no longer over her head! By 8:00 AM I was ready to push. I think she would have popped out in about 15 minutes, but we had to wait on my doctor to come back, so i had to quit pushing for a while. Then she was finally born at 8:24 AM.
Welcome to the world Shelby! You have your brothers nose and chin!

7 lbs. 0.8 oz. 19 1/2 inches long. Not bad for 2 weeks and a day early!


Proud Papa who we almost had to admit! He turned a little green and pale there for a while!



Proud brother singing "Jesus Loves Me" to Shelby. It was too sweet! Brought tears to my eyes!




Getting kisses from my baby boy!





Sucking on that finger!







First hairbow! (the nurses put it in) HAHA






Sweet baby girl!








7 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sarah said...

She's precious and you look great. BTW, my epidural with Carson did the same thing and they had to adjust it a few times. Being half numb is no good! :)

Shelly said...

I think Shelby looks like Mitchell. Especially her mouth in the picture with her wearing the hairbow. I hope you all are doing well.

Kelly said...

She is so sweet! I think baby girls like to cause a little drama...Emmy did not have her arm up, but she did have her legs tangled in the cord, so we had an interesting delivery, too;) Welcome to the world, Princess Shelby!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to play dress up with her and paint her nails! Aunt Jess is gonna make her a girly girl! (At least while I'm with her!!!!)

Congrats KK! Love you!

Missy said...

Oh the stories well get to tell:) She is so cute and Mitchell is the best big brother!!!

Carla said...

I just read this for the first time - weeks after the fact. And it brought tears to my eyes! So sweet and I love the pictures. So happy for ya'll! :)