Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

First ER visit

Yesterday was the scariest day by far as a mom! We were enjoying a nice sunny day at Gram and Pops house with cousin Maddie, Karla, Aunt Susie, Gram, and Pops flying kites, riding the gator, and feeding the fish! Their deck overlooks their fish pond, which is bordered by lots of rocks, well the kids love standing on this small table on the deck to feed the fish. It's about 3-4 feet up off the ground. Well i guess Mitchell got out a little too far in one of his throws and went flying head first over the rail. All i saw were his feet up in the air. As soon as Gram got down to where he was there was blood everywhere. I didn't really freak out at first because all I could think about was getting to the ER. After the fact i kept thinking though that it could have been alot worse. I think he landed sort of on the side of his head, because he had a big knot on the front of his head with a few scrapes and a pretty big gash on the side towards the back. He had to have that one glued back. He was such a big boy at the hospital. He kept saying that the nurse was a "nice lady" I was really only concerned about a concussion or something worse, but he was his normal old wild self last night, without a nap and all. And if you want to know what happened, he can tell you all about it!

Waiting in the ER room! That white shirt got thrown away.


Daddy wheeling him around for a little entertainment while we waited!


Front scrapes!

The scratch to the left was the one that got glued. It doesn't loook that bad, but it was the deepest. I think thats where most of the blood came from.

Goose egg with some more scrapes.


As you can see Mitchell is his normal old self. While I was gone to my monthly check-up this morning, he thought he would lather up his dry skin a little and eat a little lotion!


YUM!

What a mischevious look!






4 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

I am so thankful he is ok!! What a toughy!! Love ya,

Missy said...

Wow what a day! Glad he is a strong guy!!

Sarah said...

Oh, gosh! I bet that was scary. I am glad he is OK! He's a toughie like his mama!

chesley said...

Oh my goodness! I totally freeze in moments like that..glad you didn't! claire fell off of my bed on Saturday and there wasn't even any blood & it totally freaked me out! Glad he is ok. He's a tough little dude!