Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Almost 2!

WOW, what a difference a year makes! Last year at the beach Mitchell wasn't walking or talking! And this year he was doing plenty of both, not so much walking, but running! His birthday is on Saturday and we'll be celebrating it at my mom's house by the pool with friends and family!

Just a few things to help us remember about Mitchell at this age:
*He absolutely loves Mickey Mouse. We have a Mickey cd in the car, so the first thing he says when he gets in his seat is "Mickey song" He also has a "Mickey towel" "Mickey plane" and "Mickey board" (cornhole board) I'm thinking about secretly sneaking him into Uncle Craig/Aunt Jamie suitcase this Dec. when they go to Disneyworld. Whats one more kid, right? HAHA
*He is almost putting full sentences together ex: "me hit ball" "Juice please momma"
*He has really gotten in to his train table that we made for him last Christmas or any train table for that matter, whether it be at Toys R Us or Books-A-Million, its hard to get him to leave those stores. Last week we saw the Music City Star going down the train tracks and he just kept saying "ride, me? ride, me?" It was too cute. We are gonna have to take him on a train ride soon, hopefully before John goes back to school!
*He loves swinging a bat or throwing a ball. I know this comes as no surprise!
*Anytime he sees a tractor, its always Pawpaw's tractor! HAHA
*He loves giving me numerous kisses at one time, or at least I like to think its just me! He makes the loudest smacking sound too, melts my heart everytime! I just hope he still does that when he's 14! :)
*He's not the greatest eater, but mainly because he's so busy. He really likes brocolli, carrots, and green beans, but hardly ever takes the time to sit still and eat a lot of them.
*I can't think of any fears that he has. He's very brave, but this could lead to us being in the ER someday!
*He loves being outside, especially if there is water or mud!
*He loves swinging and going high! I usually hear "swing HIGH!"
Those are the biggest things that I can think of right off the top of my head. I think it's getting close to potty training time, because if he only has his diaper on, he'll take it off and pee in the floor! Just about everytime we take him to the potty he'll pee though, so hopefully it won't be too bad.
We love our little boy and he's truly one of a kind! We wouldn't change anything about his sweet little personality! We are so grateful that God made him just the way he is! We love you Mitchell and Happy Birthday Saturday!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Long time, no see...What a sweet little boy! He is precious! Glad to see life's treating you pretty good...Take care and good to see you on here!

Courtney Burton Saylor

Sarah said...

He is so cute and so much fun to be around. You really have a sweet one!

andrea said...

Hi Kristen,

I just figured out that that you are a carey now. You have a beautiful family.

andrea said...

oh...email me at fox.mama@hotmail.com and I'll add you to my blog list.

take care

Missy said...

Kids grow goes so fast, and it is so much fun:)I cannot believe that Maymie is 4!