Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mitchell with the hives

Well we spent another week at the doctor/hospital. This time it started on Thursday afternoon with me. Mom & I had been out shopping all day and when I got home I noticed some whelps on the back of my legs and side of my hips. I really didn't think anything about it. We ate at mom's that night, then when we got back home i had started breaking out everywhere else. So Friday morning I went to the doctor. He couldn't say for sure what caused it. Said it could have been something I ate or came into contact with. So he gave me a steroid shot and sent me home with some medicine (similar to Benadryl) Yesterday afternoon i noticed some of the first places that came up had gotten better, but it was spreading to other places.
We noticed a few spots on the back of Mitchell's neck yesterday morning and he got a few more as the night went on. Well we woke up this morning to Mitchell looking like this. We were planning on taking him to the same doctor that I had gone too anyways, but when his eyes were so swollen and he was so red, we decided a trip to the ER might be better.
The ER doctor seems to think that its an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin that he had been taking for his ear infection. Although he did say that he couldn't say 100% that was what caused it. Mitchell also had a viral infection last week along with his ear infection, so i'm sort of leaning towards a viral infection of some sort, but I'm not a doctor either! Earlier this week before I broke out I noticed a fever blister coming up, so thats why I'm thinking its something viral. Mitchell hasn't ran a temperature with this, but mom said that she never knew when I was sick when i was a baby, because I didn't have fevers often. So I don't know. It's a mystery. You may see us on the TLC show Mystery Diagnosis soon! LOL My hives/spots/reaction, whatever you want to call it, has gotten a lot better, so hopefully Mitchell's will get better in a couple days too. Mine was very itchy, but it hasn't seemed to bother Mitchell at all. He was his same ol self while we were in the hospital room (seeing what all he could get in to) We'll go to his normal pediatrician tomorrow, so maybe he can tell us a little more.
(Click on the pics and you should be able to make then bigger. These were taken from my moms camera.) The spots were everywhere!
Back side!

Back side as he's crawling up the hospital bed!


His little eyes were pretty swollen!



2 comments:

chesley said...

OH my goodness! That would've totally freaked me out. At least it doesn't seem to be bothering him.

Unknown said...

Oh that is awful.. well hopefully it won't happen again.. wow!!!! I am not a mom yet.. but I would have been hysterical. Glad you guys are much better