Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Headboard Project!


Well i must admit that I have a problem and it's called: "Why buy something when you can make it." I think I'm so conservative because thats the way my mom and grandmother are. So if there's something I want, I usually try and find a way to make it. So, we moved Mitchell into his "Big Boy Bedroom" a few weeks ago and we had a frame for his bed, but no headboard. So going along the lines of the sports themed room, John decided that a football headboard would be best. So i start my search on the internet and see that a football headboard costs $199. WOW! Defintely not in our budget, especially when my Pawpaw can cut the wood for me and I can paint it. So after about $30 Wah-lah! We have ourselves a football headboard!


Had to turn the flash off for this pic. This is not the true color, but you can get the idea of the size/shape!

Here's more of the true color. Mitchell loves his "Sootball" headboard! Special thanks to Pawpaw for cutting it and to grandmother for prepping it!

4 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

Awesome, I am so proud of you!! Looks great, I believe you inherited a little of Grandmas painting talent!!

You go girl!!

Love ya,
Aunt Sissy

Amy said...

IMPRESSIVE!!!! You got some talent girl! =)

Sarah said...

OK, I may be hiring you in a year or so since you know I have NO artistic talent. That looks awesome!

chesley said...

How cute is that, and so neat that you made it for him?!