Birthdays

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

MJ5K

Saturday morning Shannah and I woke up quite early to head out to the second annual MJ5K hosted by our church! The goal this year was 200 people-we met the goal plus one! 201! The proceeds went to the Wilson County K-9 Search and Rescue Team and to Speed the Light, which is a missions organization! I had been running about 3 times a week for about 20 minutes at a time, so my goal was to run at least 2 miles then just see how I felt. Well i hit the 2 mile mark, and right after that was a steep hill. I think I walked maybe 30 seconds then finished out the last mile! We started between Chick-Fil-A and Panera Bread, then ran through the Providence shopping area, then back in a couple neighborhoods, then back to Panera Bread! It had a few more hills than I thought but we pushed through and made it. I think my time was 33.12 or somewhere around that, then Shannah was a little bit behind me. She did great too! She's more of a sprinter, so she went past her goal too! The winner ran it in 18 minutes! He was scootin'! I'll never see that time. I couldn't even run one mile in 6 minutes! HAHA My two biggest fans showed up right before the shotgun to support us and take some pics! Thanks John and Mitchell for coming out, i love you!
The BEFORE picture! 7:30 in the morning, don't we look flattering! HAHA
And we are OFF!
Heading up the last big hill!
Gotta smile for the camera, but only because the end is near!

Work it Shannah! Determination of a seasoned runner!

The AFTER picture! Nice and sweaty, but at least we made it!

Way to go Mommy!

Shoooo-weeee ya'll stink!

4 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

Wow, you both look great, sweat and all!! Good job well done!!
See ya Saturday!

Love ya,

Aunt Sissy

ps, good job for the support John and Mitchell!!!

Jessica said...

KK you look great running! I ran yesterday (it was a cool day actually) and I'm feeling it today! Can't wait to see you on Saturday.

Jess

Sarah said...

Way to go girl!

Missy said...

Running- ah the fun times bb conditioning:) Stacey and I were talking about how we could run 1 mile under 7min not so much now:) walking is much more fun:) --- I am proud of you!!!